'Potpourri' a blend of local artists
WHITEWATER— More than a dozen artists, including Karolyn Alexander Tscharnack and 15 of her painting friends, will exhibit their art in March at an exhibit titled “A Potpourri of Artistry: Artwork From 16 Fabulous Women.” The show runs from March 6 through March 22. An opening reception will be held March 8.
Alexander Tscharnack, a local and well-known artist, has been painting since April 2003. Her art has appeared in many galleries and exhibits in southeastern Wisconsin and in Door County.
“Happy Hollyhocks,” a mixed water-media painting, was juried into the Hardy Gallery's 52nd annual juried exhibit in 2014. The same painting received the People's Choice votes at the annual Whitewater Arts Alliance members show at the Cultural Arts Center, and it was made into note cards.
Tscharnack said, “Keep your brush wet! Just like playing the piano or golf, improvement in painting requires practice.”
Artists in this show include:
• Jan Crowley, Shirley Matthews, Maggie Stetter, Shirley Wickersheimer, Joyce Follis, Louise Fuerstenber, Judy Dern and Doris Hanson, all of Whitewater
• Varla Bishop of Johnson Creek
• Kathy Gibbs, Sherry Thurner, Claudia Fitzgerald of Janesville
• Mary Anne Darner of Fort Atkinson
• Tricia Sloan and Colleen Checkai of Watertown
Whitewater Arts Alliance President Linda Long said, “We are so happy to have an exhibit that showcases the work of so many area artists. Karolyn Alexander is widely admired as an artist and a teacher, so we know this will be something very special.”