Friends of Wisconsin State Parks announce the 2014 Gold Seal Awards
MADISON - Looking for the best state park venue for holding a wedding? The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks and supporters recommend Heritage Hill Historical Park, home to Green Bay's oldest standing church.
The East Side Moravian Church was disassembled from its original location in downtown Green Bay and reassembled at Heritage Hill in 1982.
The statewide Friends of Wisconsin State Parks organization runs the Gold Seal Award program each year to highlight Wisconsin's parks, trails, and forests. The award winners were presented October 11 at the annual Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Awards Banquet and annual meeting at the Monona Terrace and Convention Center in Madison.
Other award winners were:
• Best concessions at a park - Peninsula State Park
• Best place to kayak/canoe - Mirror Lake State Park
• Best place for quiet recreating - Newport State Park
• Best self - guided nature trail - Kettle Moraine State Forest - Southern Unit
• Best place to hike with children - Kettle Moraine State Forest - Lapham Peak
• Best family friendly bike trail - Elroy Sparta State Trail
• Best place to see a variety of birds - Richard Bong State Recreation Area
• Best view from park/trail bench - Wyalusing State Park
• Best place to see fireflies while camping - Governor Thompson State Park