The Delavan Historical Society has settled in comfortably to a former airport office on the city of Delavan's east side.
The Delavan Historical Society has opened an office and display spaces at 2375 E. Geneva St.
The building that now houses the Delavan Historical Society was once used for the Lake Lawn Resort airport. The air field is still used by pilots.
One of the displays at the new home of the Delavan Historical Society is a collection of glass slides mostly taken around Delavan Lake before 1900. The slides are a private collection on loan.
A collection of projectile points and stone tools found on the grounds of the Lake Lawn resort is on display at the new Delavan Historical Society building.
A display case in the Delavan Historical Society building shows off a variety of school related items.
A ladies coat fake fur coat made with a fabric known as Borgana is on display at the new Delavan Historical Society building. The fabric was made in Delavan at Borg.
W.W. Bradley & Co. in downtown Delavan is represented at the new Delavan Historical Society building by many advertising pieces.
Delavan's circus past is currently represented in the new Delavan Historical Society building with two giant reproductions of legendary circus performers that are buried in town.
» More most emailed stories
» More popular discussions
Staff Directory |
Contact Us |
Legal Notices |
Subscriber Services |
Site Help |
Latest News |
Public Record |
Things to do |
Complete calendar |
Walworth County Getaway |
Death Notices |
Blog List |
Latest Blog Entries
Customer Care |
Newspaper In Education