Navigating college financial aid process topic of Gateway program
ELKHORN College Goal Wisconsin, a program designed to help students navigate the financial process with hands-on help, information and advice from financial aid experts, will be held at all three of Gateway Technical College campuses this weekend.
The event will be from 2-4 p.m., Sat., Feb. 23, in the Center for Bioscience and Information Technology on the Kenosha Campus, at 3520-30th Ave. It will also be held fro 2-4 p.m. Sun., Feb. 24 in the South Building of the Elkhorn Campus, 400 County Road H, and in the Racine Building of the Racine Campus, 1001 S. Main St.
College Goal Wisconsin is an event designed to be an approachable way of learning how to apply for financial aid and get individual assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the federally required form for students seeking financial aid such as grants and loans. Students and parents are encouraged to attend together, where needed.
Students should bring:
• Social Security card
• Driver’s license (if any)
• 2012 federal tax returns
• 2011 federal tax returns (if 2010 is incomplete)
• 2012 untaxed income records (Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare or veterans benefits records)
• 2012 bank statements
• 2012 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, and stock, bond, and other investment records
• Alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
All students are eligible to apply for financial aid. Financial aid may come in the form of grants, loans, work study, and other assistance.
For more information, contact Janice Riutta, Gateway director of financial aid, at (262) 564-3072, or go to http://www.wicollegegoalwi.org/