WAA members show and sale lets patrons pick the winners
More Walworth County news
For breaking Walworth County news and hourly updates, visit the Facebook.com page throughout the day.
WHITEWATER When the 2013 Whitewater Arts Alliance poster comes out, some people will be able to say, "I picked that."
The annual Whitewater Arts Alliance Members Show (and sale) will be exhibited at the Whitewater Cultural Arts Center, 402 West Main Street, from Saturday, Nov. 4 to Sunday, Dec. 9. The gallery will be open Thursday through Sunday each week from noon to 5 p.m. except the week of Thanksgiving (Nov. 22-25). The Whitewater Arts Alliance invites the public to an opening reception on Sunday, Nov. 4 from 1 to 3 p.m. Viewing the exhibit is free of charge and open to anyone interested in the visual and sculptural arts.
Show visitors will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite pieces from Nov. 4 to Nov. 18. Based on the viewer’s choice voting, the piece with the highest number of votes will be photographed for the 2013 poster. The pieces with the four next highest numbers of votes will be photographed to be made into note cards. After the close of voting, Virginia Epps will notify the winners. During the reception on Sunday, Dec. 9 from 1 to 4 p.m., a WAA representative will announce the viewer’s choice awards. If all systems work well, the posters and cards will be available to the artists and for purchase during the reception.
The Whitewater Arts Alliance is pleased to give the member whose piece is chosen for the 2013 CAC poster two copies of the poster. Similarly, the alliance is pleased to give the members whose pieces are chosen for the note cards a set of 24 cards.
The Members Show exhibits both art and craft pieces by Whitewater Arts Alliance members in any 2-D or 3-D medium completed during 2012. The Alliance encourages each artist or craft-person to submit up to three pieces.
Anyone can become a member of the Whitewater Arts Alliance by completing a membership form and choosing a contribution level. Check out www.whitewatrearts.org and click on “membership” for more details.
Members of the Whitewater Arts Alliance should submit their art and/or craft pieces on Friday, Nov. 2 between 1 and 3 p.m. Artists and craft-persons should pick up their art and/or craft pieces after the closing reception, which is Sunday, Dec. 9 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Whitewater Arts Alliance Members Show exhibit guidelines
1. Submitted pieces should represent work done during 2012.
2. Submitted pieces must be original. If a piece references or reproduces a photograph, the artist or craft-person is to have taken the original photograph(s).
3. Submitted two-dimensional pieces must be framed, wired, and ready for hanging.
4. Pedestals are available for three-dimensional pieces, but artist or craft-person must provide display case if needed.
5. Artists may submit up to three pieces. Gallery capacity: 150.
6. Submit pieces on Friday, Nov. 2 between 1 and 3 p.m. or by special arrangement.
7. Sign the licensing contract to merchandise images for each art or craft piece submitted on Nov. 2.
8. Sign the general release for liability for the work while on exhibit at the Cultural Arts Center on Nov. 2.
9. Either provide an appropriate food item or $5.00 for the opening reception on Sunday, Nov. 4 from 1 to 4 p.m.
10. Pick up art and/or craft pieces after the closing reception on Sunday, Dec. 9 from 1 to 4 p.m.