Mukwonago man starts grass fire trying to smoke out squirrels
MUKWONAGO A Mukwonago man who lighted a smoke bomb to smoke out the ground squirrels on his lawn Wednesday ended up starting a grass fire that spread to his neighbors’ properties, according to a story in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
The fuse of the bomb started the fire that burned 20 acres of grass. Mukwonago’s fire station, as well as eight other area departments responded.
Firefighters said no homes were damaged, although neighbors’ lawns were burned. The man will be fined $177 for violating Mukwonago’s burn ban.
For the complete story, see the HERE.